Statement of Purpose
A statement of purpose ensures compliance with legislation and guidance in respect of the written statement of the aims and policy statement of the Fostering and Adoption Team and of the facilities and services provided.
What is required?
- There must be a clear written statement of the aims and policy statement of the Fostering and Adoption Team, which describes accurately the services and facilities provided.
- The Fostering and Adoption Team must formally approve the statement of purpose and review, update and modify it where necessary and at least annually.
- The statement must include details in respect of the Fostering and Adoption Team, of its organisation, control of its operation and functions.
- A children's guide to adoption must be made available to all children for whom adoption is the plan and given to them as soon as the decision for adoption has been made. This must include a summary of what happens at each stage (including at Court), and how long each stage is likely to take. This document should inform how the service is managed and be available for inspection at any time upon request.The Children's Guide must include summaries of the Statement of Purpose, procedures for planning for adoption, and the complaints procedure, how to access an independent advocate. It must be suitable for all children, and produced if necessary in different formats.
- Child protection
- Youth Offending
- Children with Disabilities