- / Procedures
- / Children with Disabilities
- / Referral to Children's Disability Team
Referral to Children's Disability Team
This page sets out the criteria for referring a case to the Children's Disability Team.
The Children's Disability Team has workers based predominantly in the Child Development Centre at Le Rondin School and Centre as well as at a number of different sites. Each member of the team has its own distinct service user group, roles and responsibilities.
The disability team offer a Bailiwick wide service to children and families. The workers offer a range of services in line with the relevant legislation for the Assessment of Children in Need and their families.
Referrals Referrals to the Children's Disability Team will be accepted for children who have permanent and substantial disabilities as follows:
- A significant visual impairment.
- A significant hearing impairment.
- A profound communication impairment.
- A severe learning disability.
- A significant physical disability.
- Child protection
- Youth Offending
- Children with Disabilities