- / Procedures
- / Children living away from home
- / Looked After Children and Leaving Care
- / Accommodating a child
- / Residential placements
In identifying suitable placements out of jurisdiction the department should consider at least three providers. Consideration should be given to Ofsted reports and how the organisation can meet the identified needs of the child or young person. The best option and best value must be the primary consideration.
Child's needs These should be paramount when identifying suitable provision and consideration must be given to all aspects of the child's care plan.Before any placement the following must take place:
- Most recent Ofsted Inspection Reports, and any other supporting documents, are requested from the relevant local authority, and received prior to any further action being taken. These reports will include all relevant information ie how behaviour has been managed within the placement, how child protection allegations have been managed etc.
- The social worker should not visit the placements in isolation but be accompanied by a clinical or educational psychologist (or both) depending on the predominant identified need.
- Placement plans part 1 and 2 and care plans must be agreed.
- Roles should be clearly identified between the placing agency and providers prior to placement.
- The contract services manager will agree a contract with the provider.
- Frequency of visiting by the social worker should be agreed.
|Contact providers from resources library in LAC Team||Social Worker / Clinical Psychologist / Educational Psychologist||Computer||Within one week of panel approval|
|Most recent Ofsted Inspection Reports, and any other supporting documents, are received from the relevant local authority (responsible for placement)||Social Worker / Clinical Psychologist / Educational Psychologist||Computer||Within one week of request|
|Consider options available||Social Worker / ClinicalPsychologist / Educational Psychologist||Computer||On receipt of information|
|Arrange visits to placements||Social Worker / Admin worker / ResidentialSocial Worker / Clinical Psychologist / Educational Psychologist||Computer||Within one week|
|Visit placements||Social Worker / Clinical Psychologist / Educational Psychologist||Computer||Immediately|
|Multi-agency planning meeting to consider most appropriate provision||Team Manager / Senior Practitioner||Computer||Within one week of visits|
|Case presented to complex needs||Social Worker / ClinicalPsychologist / Educational Psychologist||Child's plan||Next available panel|
|Introductions commence||Social Worker/ Clinical Psychologist / Educational Psychologist||Computer||Immediately|
You may also like
- Child protection
- Youth Offending
- Children with Disabilities